Fraud, Marriage Fraud and False Testimony-CD
Fraud, Marriage Fraud and False Testimony
This 90 minute audio seminar was originally presented June 2, 2011.
While honesty is the best policy, many clients chose other options at some point in the immigration process. All practitioners need to be aware of fraud and willful misrepresentation issues, including waiver options. In marriage cases, fraud takes on an even more damaging complexion. Document fraud and false testimony also can cause major problems. Attorneys should know how to spot these issues in cases and successfully challenge government findings in these difficult areas.
- Fraud and Willful Misrepresentation: The Legal Standards
- Materiality and Willfulness
- The Finer Art of a §212(i) Waiver
- Marriage Fraud Is Different
- Overcoming Marriage Fraud and Standard of Proof
- Do Annulments and Subsequent Marriages Matter?
- Document Fraud
- What Is and Is Not False Testimony—Toribio-Chavez v. Holder
CA, CO, GA, HI*, IL*, ME, MO, MT, NV*, NJ, NM, NY, OK, OR, PA, VT, WA, and WV. To view the number of CLE credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please use our CLE Calculator.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL*, ID, ND, PR, and UT.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE*, LA, NC, and WY
Not Eligible for CLE: AL, AR, IA, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, MS, NE, NH, OH, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, and WI.
*Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. OnDemand downloadable and CD-Rom expiration details are available. Please visit the CLE Center to view your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements.
For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Fraud, Marriage Fraud and False Testimony-CD!