The Plight of The Crewman: Strategies for Representing C-1/D Entrants-CD
The Plight of The Crewman: Strategies for Representing C-1/D Entrants Under Current Law
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented live on November 22, 2011.
This teleconference will provide in-depth guidance and discussion regarding the complicated issues involved in representing individuals who entered the U.S. on C-1/D visas. The speakers will provide an overview of the law as it exists today and the challenges that the law poses for C-1/D visa entrants. They will also offer helpful strategies for representing alleged crewmen under the current law.
- Disadvantages of Being Categorized as an Alien Crewman
- Statutory Definition of "Crewman" and How It Is Interpreted in the Federal Regulations
- "Crewman" as Defined by the Board of Immigration Appeals and Case Law
- Procedures for Interviewing and Inspecting Officers in Granting Crewman Visas and Admitting or Paroling Individuals as Crewmen
- Congressional Intent in Excluding Crewmen from Immigration Benefits
- Strategies for Effectively Challenging Your Client’s Categorization as a Crewman
CLE InformationApproved: CA, CO, GA, HI*, IL*, IN, ME, MS, MO, MT, NV*, NJ, NM, NY, OK, OR, PA, SC, VT, WA, and WV. To view the number of CLE credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please use our CLE Calculator.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL*, ID, ND, PR, and UT.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE*, LA, NC, and WY
Not Eligible for CLE: AL, AR, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, NE, NH, OH, RI, TN, TX, VA, and WI.
*Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. OnDemand downloadable and CD-Rom expiration details are available. Please visit the CLE Center to view your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements.
For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review The Plight of The Crewman: Strategies for Representing C-1/D Entrants-CD!