Dealing with the 3, 10 and “Permanent” Bars-Downloadable
Dealing with the 3, 10 and "Permanent" Bars [Web Seminar]
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented live on February 28, 2012
Every application for a legal permanent residence or an immigrant visa requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of the inadmissibility bars under sections 212(a)(9)(B) and 212(a)(9)(C). As attorneys, we need to know the consequences of our client's unlawful presence and various departures and re-entries to the United States before applying for legal permanent residence in the United States or sending our clients abroad for an immigrant visa interview. This panel will provide an overview of the various bars, discuss the impact of various agency memoranda on this issue in the absence of regulations, dissect when each of the bars is triggered, and analyze whether time spent in the United States can count towards the satisfaction of the bars.
- Overview of the 3, 10 and "Permanent" Bars
- Legacy INS and USCIS Guidance on Unlawful Presence
- How Each of the Bars Can Be Triggered
- Effect of Recent 9th Circuit Decision (Carrillo de Palacios)
- Does 245(i) Help?
- Can Time Spent in the U.S. Count Towards Satisfying the Bars?
- How Permanent is the "Permanent" Bar?
CLE InformationPlease note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable and CD-Rom Expiration Chart for more details.
To view CLE eligibility and the number of credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE, KY, RI, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL, ID, ND, PR, and UT.
- Not Eligible for CLE: AR, IA, IN, KS, MN, MO, MS, SC, TN, TX and VA.
For more information about CLE credit, please email email@example.com.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Dealing with the 3, 10 and “Permanent” Bars-Downloadable!