Overcoming Difficulties with Foreign Documents-Downloadable Recording
Overcoming Difficulties with Foreign DocumentsThis 90 minute web seminar was recorded live on June 6, 2013, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
Proving your client's identity and marital status seems simple. In many cases you just submit a copy of their birth or marriage certificate, or their divorce decree. But what happens when (for various reasons) your client doesn't have these documents? This seminar addresses some common issues that arise as a result of deficiencies in foreign documents.
- Common Issues with Certificates — Birth, Marriage, and Divorce
- Methods to Prove That a Foreign Marriage or Divorce Is Effective
- Matter of Hosseinian and Matter of Ma
- Foreign Document Certification Process — When and How to Use It
- Proving Validity of Foreign Documents — Using the Library of Congress, Country Experts and Other Resources
- Affidavits From Friends and Relatives in Lieu of Original Documents
- Problematic Countries — Kenya, Somalia, Liberia, China, India, etc.
CLE InformationPlease note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable and CD-Rom Expiration Chart for more details.
To view CLE eligibility and the number of credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please visit webCLE.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE, KY, RI, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL, ID, and, ND.
- Not Eligible for CLE: AR, IA, KS, MN, MO, PR, and TN.
For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Overcoming Difficulties with Foreign Documents-Downloadable Recording!