FOIA Requests—Searching for Transparency-Downloadable
FOIA Requests—Searching for TransparencyThis 90 minute audio seminar was recorded live on May 23, 2013, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
Knowing what has transpired in a client's past is often the key to planning an appropriate immigration strategy. However, in today's world, obtaining what you need from the government, let alone within the time it is needed, can be a daunting task. This seminar is intended to help practitioners navigate the difficult FOIA highway. FOIA requests vs. Privacy Act requests --What's the difference?
- Filing with DHS --CBP, USCIS, and ICE Requests
- Filing with DOJ and DOL --EOIR and ETA-OFLC Requests
- When the Government Refuses to Disclose --Filing an Appeal for Withholding of Information
- Alternative Ways to Obtain Information --Immigration Court File Review
- Update on Litigation --Dent v. Holder, AIC-AILA vs. DHS, etc.
CLE InformationPlease note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable and CD-Rom Expiration Chart for more details.
To view CLE eligibility and the number of credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please visit webCLE.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE, KY, RI, VA, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL, ID, ND, PR, and UT.
- Not Eligible for CLE: AR, IA, KS, MN, MO, and TN.
For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review FOIA Requests—Searching for Transparency-Downloadable!