Preserving and Maintaining U.S. Permanent Residence-Downloadable
Preserving and Maintaining U.S. Permanent ResidenceThis 90 minute web seminar was recorded live on March 21, 2013, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
In today's shrinking world, where international travel is nearly as common as domestic travel, lawful permanent residents often find themselves defending their status at ports of entry. This panel will cover the steps that LPRs must take both to maintain their permanent residence and to preserve continuous residence for naturalization purposes. It will also address best practices for avoiding abandonment challenges and strategies for winning abandonment claims in immigration court.
- Maintaining and Documenting U.S. Domicile
- Recommendations for LPRs Returning After Frequent or Lengthy Foreign Travels
- What to Do If Questioned by CBP?
- Defending Allegations of Abandonment in Immigration Court
- Affirmative Abandonment of LPR Status-Naturalization Considerations (Continuous Residence, Abandonment, N-470, etc.)
CLE InformationPlease note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable and CD-Rom Expiration Chart for more details.
To view CLE eligibility and the number of credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please visit webCLE.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE, KY, VA, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL, ID, ND, and UT.
- Not Eligible for CLE: AR, IA, KS, MN, MO, PR, RI, and TN.
For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Preserving and Maintaining U.S. Permanent Residence-Downloadable!