Everything About FOIA You Won’t Find in a Book
August 26, 2014
Everything About FOIA You Won't Find in a BookThis 90 minute web seminar will be recorded live on August 26, 2014, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
Some aspects of practicing law can only be learned from experience. In the immigration law context, nothing holds more true to that saying than obtaining information through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. Join our panel of experts as they discuss the most effective methods used to obtain valuable information from a government agency.
- Determination of Which Office to Request the File From—Is It Better to FOIA the NRC or Go Directly to the Field Offices, Ports of Entry, etc.?
- Know Which File You Are Requesting: What Is the Difference Between an A-file and an Agency File?
- Resources Available for Follow-up: Online, Telephone Numbers, and E-mail
- Finding Accurate Processing Times for Each Agency
- Alternative Methods of Discovery
- Whether an Appeal Outweighs the Benefits of Refiling
Faculty*Kathleen C. Gasparian (dl), Metairie, LA
*Adam J. Rosen, Owings Mills, MD
*Jayashri Srikantiah, Stanford, CA
*Invited, not yet confirmed
Free Downloadable Seminar Recording Included with Live RegistrationIncluded with registration, participants in the live seminar will receive a free downloadable recording of the seminar. It will be available in participant's Agora Digital Library approximately 4-7 business days from the seminar date.
Registration & Pricing
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129.00|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129.00|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129.00|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129.00|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199.00|
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form.
If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
The "Everything About FOIA You Won't Find in a Book" web seminar takes place Tuesday, August 26, 2014, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm-2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm-1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm pacific time
The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 08/25/2014.