An LPR in Name Only
August 14, 2014
An LPR in Name OnlyThis 90 minute audio seminar will be recorded live on August 14, 2014, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
In most cases, lawful permanent resident (LPR) status is a blessing. In some cases, however, LPR status can be a curse. Here are a few examples: when a former LPR enters the United States as a visitor; when CBP mistakenly admits the derivative of a DV lottery winner prior to the principal; or when an LPR has committed certain offenses or resided abroad for an extended period of time. In these cases, determining whether or not the client is an LPR—not to mention what they can and cannot do—requires careful analysis. Topics to be discussed include:
- Differences Between Change, Abandonment, Termination and Renunciation of LPR Status
- What Constitutes a “Change” in Permanent Residence Status for Purposes of INA §101(a)(20)—Matter of Guiot
- Situations That May Change or Compromise LPR Status and Possible Solutions (Readjustment, I-407, I-90, N-400, etc.)
- Re-entry Permits and SB-1 Returning Resident Visas
- Who Has Jurisdiction to Determine Loss or Abandonment of LPR Status (USCIS, CBP, IJ, U.S. Embassy)?—U.S. v. Yakou
Faculty*Russell Abrutyn, Troy, MI
*Robert Casazza, New York, NY
Denyse Sabagh, AILA Past President, Washington, DC
*Invited, not yet confirmed
Free Downloadable Seminar Recording Included with Live RegistrationIncluded with registration, participants in the live seminar will receive a free downloadable recording of the seminar. It will be available in participant's Agora Digital Library approximately 4-7 business days from the seminar date.
Registration & Pricing
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129.00|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129.00|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129.00|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129.00|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199.00|
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form.
If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
The "An LPR in Name Only" audio seminar takes place Thursday, August 14, 2014, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm-2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm-1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm pacific time
The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 08/13/2014.