Child Status Protection Act: Retaining Your Sanity
May 20, 2014
Child Status Protection Act: Retaining Your SanityThis 90 minute audio seminar was presented live on May 20, 2014, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) has now been a law for over a decade. It has protected numerous children facing the prospect of aging out. However, there are still facets of CSPA that leave practitioners perplexed. Certain provisions in the CSPA have undergone extensive federal litigation. This seminar discusses some advanced issues surrounding CSPA, along with an up-to-date discussion and legal analysis of Mayorkas v. Cuellar de Osorio.
- Calculating the CSPA Adjusted Age of a Beneficiary and Examples of CSPA Calculations: Complicated Cases Involving Preference Category Beneficiaries
- Recapture of Priority Dates
- Automatic Conversion and Avoiding the F-1 “Upgrade”
- Discussion of DHS Policy Guidance (November 21, 2013) Pending the Cuellar de Osorio Decision
- Who's Out of Luck? Examples of When CSPA Does Not Apply
FacultyCharles Wheeler (dl), AILA Author, AILA's Focus on the Child Status Protection Act, Oakland, CA
Scott Bratton, Cleveland, OH
Amy Prokop, Los Angeles, CA
Mark Fleming, Boston, MA
Seminar RecordingIncluded with registration, participants in the live seminar will receive a free downloadable recording of the seminar. It will be available in participant's Agora Digital Library approximately 4-7 business days from the seminar date.
Registration & Pricing
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129.00|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129.00|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129.00|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129.00|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199.00|
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form.
If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
The "Child Status Protection Act: Retaining Your Sanity" audio seminar takes place Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm-2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm-1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm pacific time
The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 05/19/2014.