Need to Know Taxation Issues for Noncitizens
December 19, 2013
Need to Know Taxation Issues for NoncitizensThis 90 minute web seminar will be recorded live on December 19, 2013, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
Tax issues can arise in a number of contexts for immigration practitioners. This seminar is intended to provide the immigration attorney with the necessary background regarding tax requirements for noncitizens, and help you recognize potential problems. Join our panel of experts, and learn how to advise and guide your noncitizen clients on tax issues when they arise.
- Resident vs. Non-resident --Tax Definition vs. Immigration Definition
- U.S. Payroll vs. Foreign Payroll
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers
- How to Read and Use a Tax Return for Affidavit of Support Issues
- U.S. Taxes as a Determining Factor for Naturalization
- Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, Renunciation of Citizenship, and Expatriation Tax
FacultyMargaret Deborah Stock (dl), AILA Author, Immigration Law & the Military, Anchorage, AK
Robert Alcorn, Certified Public Accountant, Dallas, TX
Clayton Eugene Cartwright Jr., Columbus, GA
Seminar RecordingIncluded with registration, participants in the live seminar will receive a free downloadable recording of the seminar. It will be available in participant's Agora Digital Library approximately 4-7 business days from the seminar date.
Registration & Pricing
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129.00|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129.00|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129.00|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129.00|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199.00|
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form.
If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
The "Need to Know Taxation Issues for Noncitizens" audio seminar takes place Thursday, December 19, 2013, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm-2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm-1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm pacific time
The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 12/18/2013.