2013 AILA & AIC Litigation Institute
March 8– 10, 2013
AILA National Office, Washington, District of Columbia
2013 AILA & AIC Litigation InstituteThis conference took place from March 8-10, 2013 at the AILA National Office in Washington, DC. View the complete conference program.
The Litigation Institute is a unique, hands-on practicum designed for attorneys of all levels to become confident and knowledgeable about litigating removal cases in immigration court and federal court. This unique conference features two distinct components:
- Presentations & Demonstrations: These panel presentations will educate participants on skill sets- such as witness examinations, introduction of evidence and oral arguments- necessary to be successful in court. Each panel will be followed by in-person demonstrations by faculty on the application of the described techniques.
- Small Group Exercises: Following the presentations, participants will break into small groups of six where each participant will take part in a mock hearing. Faculty members will facilitate the sessions, serve as “judges,” and provide feedback. Participants will work with fact patterns that are sent several weeks before the Institute to allow for advance preparation. Throughout the course of the weekend, participants will participate in six mock hearings.
Significant preparation and active participation by participants is required for this conference. To facilitate peer-to-peer and faculty/participant interaction, space for this intensive weekend workshop is limited.
Registration & Pricing
All applications subject to acceptance. Because of the strong interactive component, the Institute is limited to 60 participants. Where possible, participants will be grouped by experience level. Please do not make your hotel or travel arrangements until you have received confirmation your application has been received and approved. There will be no on-site registration for the Litigation Institute.
AILA Member: $649
AILA Nonprofit Members: $499
Nonmember Attorneys: $849
Nonprofit Nonmember Attorneys: $649
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. Nonmembers must register by downloading the registration form. Members can also register by downloading the registration form.
CLE Credit & ResourcesAILA will file for CLE in jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the conference date.
In-Person Conference Location:AILA National Office
1331 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
The following is a list of hotels within walking distance to the AILA National Office. Please keep in mind that the hotel rates are high in the spring and fall in downtown DC, so please reserve as soon as possible. If you are looking for lower hotel rates, you may want to stay at boutique hotels in the Dupont Circle area and take a cab to AILA (10-20 minute cab ride depending on traffic).
- JW Marriott (1.5 blocks) - 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, (202) 393-2000
- Marriott at Metro Center (2 blocks) - 775 12th Steet, NW, (202) 737-2200
- Hilton Garden Inn (3 blocks) - 815 14th Street, NW, (202) 783-7800
- Grand Hyatt (4 blocks) - 1000 H Street, NW, (202) 582-1234
- Courtyard (Marriott) Washington Convention Center (5 blocks) - 900 F Street, NW, (202) 638-4600
- Renaissance Washington (5 blocks) - 999 9th Street, NW, (202) 898-9000
- Hotel Monaco (6 blocks) - 700 F Street, NW, (202) 628-7177