A New Pairing of Waivers: The I-601A and the I-212
May 4, 2017
02:00 PM (ET)
|Format||Live Audio Seminar|
The long-awaited expansion of the provisional I-601A waiver now allows certain individuals with deportation orders to file an I-601A waiver if they first apply for and receive an I-212 application for permission to reapply for admission. The panelists will present tips and strategies on when, where, and how to apply for the I-212 and I-601A waivers.
- The I-212 Waiver: Who Needs to File? Who Qualifies to File in the United States?
- Who Qualifies to File for an I-601A Waiver (After Receiving an I-212 Waiver) in the United States?
- What If DHS Decides to Arrest the I-212 Applicant and Execute the Deportation Order?
- What Is a Reasonable Cause for Failure to Appear for an Individual with an In Absentia Order of Removal?
- I-212 or Motion to Reopen?
- Adjustment of Status for Arriving Aliens in Removal Proceedings or with Orders of Removal
Charles Wheeler (DL), author of the Provisional Waivers: A Practitioner's Guide, 2nd Ed., Oakland, CA
Charles Wheeler is a directing attorney with Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc (CLINIC) in Oakland, California. He has been specializing in family-based immigration for three decades. He is a frequent lecturer and author of several books on the subject.
Raed Gonzalez, Houston, TX
Raed Gonzalez, JD, LLM, is the chairman of Gonzalez Olivieri LLC in Houston, TX. He is an accomplished litigator and avid CIR advocate. He obtained his JD from the Inter American University of P.R. and has an LL.M. in Health Law from the University of Houston Law Center. He has litigated and is admitted to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 9th and 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Southern District of TX, the Supreme Court of Texas, the Supreme Court of P.R. and the Supreme Court of the United States. His published precedent decisions in the 5th Circuit Include: Manuel Flores Ledezma v. Gonzalez, 415 F.3d 375, 380 (5th Cir. 2005); Perez-Pimentel v. Mukasey, 530 F.3d 321 (5th Cir. 2008); McCarthy v. Mukasey, 555 F.3d 459, 462 (5th Cir. 2009); Nieto Hernandez v. Holder, 592 F.3d 681 (5th Cir. 2009); Gomez v. Lynch II, ---F.3d---, 2016 WL 4169123 (5th Cir. Aug. 5, 2016) and three victories in SCOTUS: Dada v. Mukasey, 554 U.S. 1 (2008); Alexis v. Holder, No. 09-955, (Unpublished) (June 21, 2010); and most recently, Mata v. Lynch, 135 S. Ct. 2150 (2015).
Aaron Hall, Aurora, CO
Aaron Hall is a partner at Joseph Law Firm, where his practice focuses on removal defense, crimmigration, family immigration, and naturalization. He currently serves on the AILA Colorado ICE Liaison Committee and on the AILA Amicus Committee.
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199|
If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
The A New Pairing of Waivers: The I-601A and the I-212 audio seminar takes place Thursday, May 4, 2017, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm-2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm-1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm pacific time
Tuition AssistanceFull and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
AILA has filed for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: AR, DE, IA, ID, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, NH, OR, RI, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Florida - Attorneys must apply on their own for approval of live audio/web seminars in FL. Programs are typically approved.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided within one week of the seminar date via webCLE.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.